Montres de Plongée
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment : -45%
PC Portable LG Gram 17″ Intel Evo Core i7 32 Go ...
Voir le deal
1099.99 €

La photo du soir du... 23 septembre

+2
Sirus
Jared
6 participants

La photo du soir du... 23 septembre Empty La photo du soir du... 23 septembre

Message par Jared Jeu 23 Sep - 17:13

Peut-être avez-vous déjà vu cette photo:

La photo du soir du... 23 septembre Shark10

Voici son histoire racontée par son auteur:

THE WHITE SHARK KAYAK STORY

The photograph is real, no photoshop, no digital manipulation, no nothing, in fact it was shot on slide film Fuji Provia 100 using a Nikon F5 Camera and 17-35 mm lens. For those conspiracy fans who still doubt its authenticity please read how I took the photograph.

To capture this image I tied myself to the tower of the research boat Lamnidae and leaned into the void, precariously hanging over the ocean while waiting patiently for a white shark to come along. I wanted to shot a photograph that would tell the story of our research efforts to track white sharks using kayaks. When the first shark of the day came across our sea kayak it dove to the seabed and inspected it from below. I quickly trained my camera on the dark shadow which slowly transformed from diffuse shape into the sleek outline of a large great white. When the shark’s dorsal fin broke the surface I thought I had the shot, but hesitated a fraction of a second and was rewarded with marine biologist Trey Snow in the kayak turning around to look behind him. I pressed the shutter and the rest was history. Throughout the day I shot many more images, most showing the kayak following the shark, but all lacked the power of that first image of the great white tracking the kayak.

Kayaking with Great White Sharks

When my friend and white shark biologist Michael Scholl discovered (in 2003) large numbers of great white sharks in extremely shallow water (less than 2m deep) very close to some of South Africa’s bathing beaches, we initiated a research project to establish what brings so many sharks so close to shore. Our initial research attempts however were thwarted because the sharks were either repelled or attracted to the boats engine’s electrical fields, disrupting their natural behaviour.

I have been sea kayaking for quite a number of years, frequently using it as a photographic platform and could not think of a better, more quiet or unobtrusive vessel from which to track white sharks from. Granted the first few attempts were a little nerve-wracking, even though we had observed the sharks reaction to an empty kayak numerous times. It is hard to describe what goes through ones mind when sitting in a yellow plastic sea kayak and a 4.5 m + great white shark is heading your way. It is a somewhat tense experience to say the least.

White sharks, despite their bad reputation are much more cautious and inquisitive in nature than aggressive and unpredictable. At no time have we ever had a shark show any agression towards our little yum yum yellow craft. So after some more testing we were soon able to make observations safely from up close and with as little interference as possible.

We believe that white sharks come inshore in such great numbers to socially interact with others of their species, perhaps even to mate or give birth to their young. We have observed many sharks interacting with one another at close range, following behind or swimming tight circles around one another for extended periods of time. To observe and document great white sharks mating or giving birth is the holy grail of shark research and marine wildlife photography, but it is also a extremely difficult and perhaps an even almost impossible task.

THOMAS P. PESCHAK

Bonne soirée!
Jared
Jared
Rhincodon typus
Rhincodon typus

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

La photo du soir du... 23 septembre Empty Re: La photo du soir du... 23 septembre

Message par Sirus Jeu 23 Sep - 18:07

Le monsieur doit quand même se demander ce qu'il fait là :rigole: .
Merci pour la photo :right: .
Sirus
Sirus
Galeocerdo Cuvier
Galeocerdo Cuvier

La photo du soir du... 23 septembre Empty Re: La photo du soir du... 23 septembre

Message par Guinessfrog Jeu 23 Sep - 18:11

j imagine la tete du kayakiste si il s est retourne a ce moment shark2

Guinessfrog
Alopias Vulpinus (Membre honoraire)
Alopias Vulpinus (Membre honoraire)

Message par Diver_Nico Jeu 23 Sep - 20:27

Énorme cette photo !

J'adore ...

Rhincodon typus
Rhincodon typus

http://nico.telechargement.free.fr/

Message par Jean-Michel Jeu 23 Sep - 20:31

superbe : merci !

Jean-Michel
Jean-Michel
Carcharodon megalodon (Administrateur)
Carcharodon megalodon (Administrateur)

http://www.lesmala.net/jean-michel/

Message par Invité Jeu 23 Sep - 20:35

Ca doit faire drôle lorsqu'on se retourne...

Lionel

Invité
Invité

Message par Invité Jeu 23 Sep - 21:12

Magnifique !

Invité
Invité

Message par Invité Ven 24 Sep - 16:10

bigre !!! shark1 shark1 shark1 shark1

Invité
Invité

Message par HALO Sam 25 Sep - 0:46

Brrruuuu, ca doit faire froid dans le dos !!! shark!

-Yvon-
HALO
HALO
Galeocerdo Cuvier
Galeocerdo Cuvier

Message par Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé